brother-in-law debut

on Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.  
~Susan Scarf Merrell
This is my bro-in-law's debut on my blog. 

I love him. To me, this is Jake; relaxed and not dragged along my the commotion that is 3 little children and a creative, busy wife. He often finds himself transformed into a horsie, a monster, a storyteller, a boo boo kisser, lead singer for the Smoking Jacket, king of the Wii, writer, peacemaker, brother, husband, father. He is the only brother I have ever had and I love him because one day when I was still a teenager in the midst of a chess match he looked up at me and said in his matter of fact tone, "I think you're witty." He really liked/s me. That clinched it for me. 

I love my brother. He deserves a nap.

4 comments:

Susanna Joy said...

Mmm, mmm.... love that man. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the words, pic, and your eye for capturing life!
CB

Scooper said...

Hi lady. Give me a call this week (or next.) It's coffee time. Any day but Tuesdays.

Nan said...

...wonderful "son-in-love"... :)
so proud of him!
~Nan